AAOA Foundation Mission
AAOA Foundation Research Philosophy
- Promote scientifically rigorous research that improves the quality of life for the allergic patient
AAOA Foundation Research Goals
- Improving patient care through AAOA Foundation-sponsored research
- Conduct scientifically rigorous research
- Mobilize AAOA members
- Mobilize academic programs
- Reduce barriers to research participation and success
The AAOA Foundation is committed to supporting research—both basic and translational—aimed at improving patient care. Our funding is available to any investigator who wishes to advance knowledge within the field of otolaryngic allergy. Research goals should align with our scope of knowledge.
The AAOA also strives to identify collaborative opportunities with otolaryngology training programs to help residents understand the role of allergy diagnosis and management within otolaryngology and to develop an interest in improving current diagnostic and therapeutic options to improve patient care.
Research Funding Cycle
The AAOA Foundation reviews research proposals three (3) times a year and determines priority of research needs for the immediate and future cycles. Grant recipients are expected to present their results at an AAOA meeting and submit the resulting manuscript to the AAOA's journal, International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology (IFAR).
There are three (3) proposal deadlines each year:
* April 15th (award notification on June 1)
* August 15th (award notification on October 1)
* December 15th (award notification on February 1 of the following year)
Complete the AAOAF Research Application and mail it to:
Attn: Research Grant Proposals
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
For more information about research grants, contact the AAOA at 202-955-5010.
2014 Joint AAOA/ARS Research Grant Information